Jos Thoné already won almost everything that can be won, still 2019 was one of our best racing seasons ever. We can add 3. provincial victories and 6 times first national in the zone, as well as 2nd National Chateauroux II to our record list. 'Tiko' is probably the best racer of the season 2019 with two great winnings: 1. National c. Bourges of 1.130 pigeons (also 18th. Nat. of 10.393 p.) as well as 9. National Chateauroux II of 6.377 pigeons. He is the only direct son of 'Tilly' (1. Nat. Tulle) that we raced! Furthermore, five of our best racers (including Sua, Gaggan and James) are now moving to our breeding loft. You will find an overview of our 2019 highlights below.
3x 1. Provincial
1. Prov. Perpignan (955km) with 'Super Joe'
'Super Joe' already won 84. National Perpignan in 2018 and
127. National Barcelona (1.108km) in 2019
is probably 1. Prov. Acepigeon KBDB extreme long distance
1. Prov. Libourne yearlings (808km) with 'Aldina'
Bloodline 'Galax', 'Sedna', 'Crow' and 'Nadira'
1. Prov. Aurillac (718km) old birds with ‘Victor’
father of ‘Victor’ is ‘Mr. Perfect’ (direct Marc de Cock)
Mother is daughter ‘Little Joe’
‘Victor’ also won
4. Sourdun of 1.247 pigeons
3. National c. Souillac (746km)
6x first National zone c.
1. National c. Argenton I old birds, with ‘Jonker Junior’ (22.6)
direct supreme breeder ‘Jonker’ with supreme hen ‘The 500’
1. and 2. National c. Argenton I, yearlings (22.6)
winner is ‘Oliver Junior’
direct supreme cock ‘Oliver’
mother is sister to superbreeder ‘Koen’
1. National c. Souillac, yearlings with ‘Salli’ (29.7)
'Salli' already won
1. Chimay (140km) of 229 pigeons and
8. National c. Issoudun (534km) of 894 pigeons
2. National c. Souillac with a son from 'Galax'
see link to 'Galax' below
1. National c. Bourges II, yearlings (3.8)
same weekend as 1. Prov. Perpignan!
winner is ‘Tiko’
direct ‘Koen’ with ‘Tilly’ or 1. National Tulle, fastest of 13.426 pigeons
mother ‘Tilly’ is supreme breeding hen 500/09 and daughter ‘Avril’
'Tiko' is probably the best racer of the season 2019 with two great winnings:
1. National c. Bourges of 1.130 pigeons
9. National Chateauroux II of 6.377 pigeons
9x in top 100 National on Chateauroux II
2,3,7,9,14,24,29,34 and 96!
2. National old birds of 4.203 pigeons is ‘James’
‘James’ already won 2x 1. National c. and 39. Nat. Bourges of 5.831 pigeons
3. National of 6.387 pigeons with 'Rhea'
and is full sister to ‘Koen’
9. National Chateauroux II, yearlings with ‘Tiko’
one week earlier 'Tiko' won 18th. National Bourges against 10.393 pigeons
as well as 1. National c. Bourges
1.and 2. National c. Argenton II, old birds + yearlings (24.8)
winning bird is ‘Muday’, son of ‘Inbred Crow’ and gr.grandson of topmost ancestors ‘The Crow’ and ‘Sedna’.
1,2,3,4,5,6,… National c. Chateauroux IV old birds + yearlings (6.9)
winner is ‘Suske’, direct daughter of supreme hen ‘Tora’
‘Tora’ is sister to ‘Oliver’, 5. Nat. Argenton of 13.720p.
'Suske' is only a yearling and already has a very impressive record list.
2. best yearling on the Belgian national races - 6 prizes (PIPA)
4. best yearling on the Belgian national races - 5 prizes (PIPA)
6. best yearling on the Belgian national races - 7 prizes (PIPA)
12. Ace Bird KBDB Longer Middle Distance Yearlings
3. best old bird on the Belgian national races - 7 prizes (PIPA)
8. best old bird on the Belgian national races - 6 prizes (PIPA)
17. best old bird on the Belgian national races - 5 prizes (PIPA)
18. best old bird on the Belgian national races - 6 prizes (PIPA)
was 1. Prov. Ace Bird Heavy Middle Distance (2018)
3. best old bird in the Belgian one day long distance races - 5 prizes (PIPA)
One Loft races (Derby)
2. / 670p. FINAL (400km) Derby FCI Costa del Sol (link) - 21.9.2019
23. / 701p. FINAL (415km) Preussen Derby - 21.9.2019
20., 36., 83., 84. / 305p. FINAL (500km) Derby Zagreb - 22.9.2019
In the early 90's, Jos Thoné was one of the first fanciers to pursue total widowhood. Throughout the years this system has not changed, except for long distance. In the future there will be one group that will be raced under the natural system (nest).
In regards to feeding we are using Beyers Premium Thoné Olympic. A mixture that was developed together with the researchers of Beyers. We are only using one mixture, all year round, for all the pigeons. No fuss with different mixtures! For long distance we might add some "Long Distance TT" (around 10%) and some extra fat like peanuts.
Hence we are using the full program of Pigeon Health & Performance. Also something that has been developed initially for Jos' personal use, before it was brought to the market.
On a medical point-of-view, we can always count on Dr. vet. Norbert Peeters. Before the beginning of the season, the birds are "freed" from Tricho by completing a five-day "Ronidazole"-cure. We won't treat our pigeons for anything else when it's not necessary.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.