We get a lot of questions about our breeding practices. In these videos Jos Thoné explains his breeding practices and shares some important advice with the viewers.
Important steps to follow:
- Make sure your pigeons are in excellent condition.
They have to be free of any disease: canker, coccidiosis, worms, salmonella, etc...
Consult a veterinarian or send your samples to a laboratory for analysis.
- We vaccinate our breeding pigeons for PMV and Salmonella.
PMV (Paramyxovirosis): 6 weeks before the pairing;
Salmonella (Paratyphoid): 3 weeks before the pairing.
- Grits and minerals should be available at all times.
We use Beyers "Grit Extra", complemented with the "Deli Multimix".
- Breeding vitamins for optimal fertilization of the eggs.
Give "Vitabreed" (PigeonHP) daily from 2 weeks before the pairing until 2nd egg,
afterward continue for 2-3 days per week, also to the weaned youngsters.
- Feed: we use the Beyers Premium mixture "Thoné Olympic" all year round, for all our birds, including the breeders.